As you may have heard, over the last several months, with the help of volunteers Lance Keashly and Nigel Terrett, we have been working to improve the internet access at Paradise Park. Our old system was installed before so many park sites had computers, iPads and smart phones. These new device demands have been putting a heavy burden on the system – particularly during the summer months. After analysis was completed it was confirmed that we needed to complete two areas of improvement:
1) Install new technology to improve the accessibility within the Park so that all sites could connect to the internet.
2) Improve the internet service to the park so that it could handle the internet traffic volume that the Park now generates.
We are pleased to inform you that new technology has been installed and we have a new internet provider that can give us the ability to handle the extra volume we now require. Please note, the Park’s old WiFi system has been disconnected and removed so the old passwords are not valid.
In order to connect to the new system, perform the following when you are in the Park:
1) Set your device to search for Wi-Fi connections
2) Connect to the Wi-Fi network called “ParadisePark”
3) When prompted, you will need the password:
- to get the password, go to the clubhouse bulletin board
Please keep the password confidential to prevent unauthorized internet access from outside the Park.
It is quite probable that we will have to make adjustments to “balance” the network once we have seen how the new technology responds to the high volume in the summer months. However we are confident that you will experience much improved internet capability.