We have had a letter dated July 8, 2022(Page 1) (Page 2) brought to our attention from the Land Owner Transparency Registry requesting information from ALL OWNERS as per the Land Owner Transparency Act.
This request is mandatory.
To complete this task we will need information from ALL OWNERS OF THE PARADISE PARK ASAP.
The Board has contacted our Lawyer Gerry Gordon of Gordon and Young in Osoyoos which has agreed to represent us and submit the filing on behalf of the park, as requested by the Province. There will be costs associated to the filing and Gerry Gordon has provided no specific figure. Considering the amount of information that is to be inputed for every owners onto the website, we would be looking at few thousands dollars but not in the 10's of thousand.
Quoting what was cited on the website: landtransparency.ca, and with explanation from Gerry Gordon our lawyer, the following information is required:
- Address of lot or lots if you have more than one
- Full name of all owners of the property - in case of company, list company name and owner(s) of the company,
- date of birth of all owners,
- Social insurance number,
- tax number (in case lot is owned by a company)
- Address of Principal residence of owner(s).
- Date on which one became an interest holder/ owners, role ie: owner, co-owner, investor(s) etc. and for company identify president and other roles including all directors.
- Identify if you are a Canadian Citizen, Permanent resident or neither.
A special email has been setup, which is directed to our Treasurer Benny Granger ONLY to insure all information is properly prepared and collected for the lawyer. Once Benny completes task he will hand over all info to the lawyer to process and will delete all info he has received for privacy reasons. We will need to collect all information by September 30 2022 so we have time to submit to the lawyer and they have time to enter and file info by November 30,2022 on behalf of the Park.
Failure to do so, the Park Association could be liable to a penalty of $50,000 or 5% of the assessed value of the land of the Park.
Appreciate your cooperation,